CCS Curved Edge Rotary Pads by Lake Country Manufacturing: curved edges help center the pad on the backing plate and prevent backing plate contact with your working surface.
Lake Country’s premium engineered foams are developed and sourced worldwide to offer the best products available. Hundreds of hours go into testing, research and development dialing in the specific foam formulations we use to get the perfect results and make your life easier. Foam is typically broken down into two categories: reticulated (open-cell) and non-reticulated (closed-cell).
Reticulated (Open-Cell) Foam
In open-cell foam, there are few – if any – intact bubbles or cell windows. The structure is very similar to a net.
- Resistance to compression is reduced (the same foam will feel less firm if open-cell).
- Tear resistance (durability) increased, reducing heat and increasing performance on long-throw polishers.
- Open-cell foams increase the longevity of the cutting power during the polishing cycle, but more compound and polish will be absorbed into the foam than with closed-cell foam.
Non-reticulated (Closed Cell) Foam
Closed-cell foam pores are completely sealed with windows intact or film covering the cell. Due to the density and construction, polish becomes more difficult to absorb, keeping the polish or abrasive on the surface, which increases working time and efficiency of the polishing cycle.
- Closed-cell pads reduce the absorption of polish, increasing polishing performance and reducing polish consumption.
- However, closed-cell foams have reduced durability, leading to shorter pad lifespan in comparison to closed cell variations.
CCS Technology™ gives you the best of both worlds by using strategic patterns of partially closed foam cells. Independent columns evenly disperse fresh polish from the CCS pockets into the working surface.
- Slow absorption rate: Extends polish performance by reducing absorption
- Improved operator control: CCS pockets gradually release polish as needed
- Prevents pad skipping: Pockets reduce surface friction, allowing operator to run pad flat on a working surface
- Creates less heat: CCS pockets reduce surface contact, resulting in less friction-generated heat