Tufted wool is a traditional, aggressive cutting material that’s been used across the industry for decades, making it one of the overall best-selling pad materials. Lake Country is the only manufacturer to offer both steamed and unsteamed wool pads to fit any need or purpose.
- Quick cutting: Engineered wool and other yarns are the fastest cutting products
- Durable and strong: Signature backing construction and material blends offer a pad with extended durability
- Curved edge: Allows for perfect pad alignment while protecting the working surface
Steamed pads typically have less wool material, and are lighter in weight. The steaming process swells or blooms the wool strands to fill in the pad, and lock in some of the loose fibers of the pad. This helps reduce the linting of the wool and makes the strands stay more vertical.
- Larger strands: During the steaming process, the strands bloom and swell
- Less initial blowoff: Steamed wool reduces the amount of wool that is initially shed from the pad during first use
- Look & feel: Visually the pad appears more plush with a firmer feel
Unsteamed wool pads are sewn with more wool which provides more material to cut. Wool strands lie flat or horizontal so leveling sand scratches is easy. We offer a number of blends, so the cut and finish can be altered to the user’s preference.
- More aggressive: Due to tighter sewn strands, these pads are more aggressive in their function
- More initial blowoff: During first time use there will be a greater amount of blowoff. There will be minimal shedding for the remaining life of the pad.